Got your next Volkswagen service coming up? Here’s what you expect
Just like any other vehicle, you need to maintain your Volkswagen if you want to protect your investment.
This means regular servicing, keeping on top of basic car care and any repairs, if necessary.
Whether you’re a veteran Volkswagen driver or a first timer, it’s important to ensure you’re doing everything possible to keep your car fit for the roads.
In this article, our Volkswagen specialists here at CJ Auto Service walk you through some of the most important maintenance tasks to keep in mind for your Volkswagen.
What’s involved in a Volkswagen service?
When you take your Volkswagen for a service, multiple checks will be carried out to ensure that it’s still safe for you to drive.
Some of the most important checks include:
- Engine oil changes – like any other vehicle, oil changes are important if you want to keep things up and running and should be performed every 10,000 miles – in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Air and cabin filter inspections – Volkswagen recommends new air and cabin filters every 20,000 miles – but there are different things you need to take into account (such as seasons, climates and driving habits) that can affect this. So instead, we look at them during each annual service – which should be completed every 12,500 miles.
- Fuel filter replacement – how often your Volkswagen needs a fuel filter replacement depends on its particular engine, and whether it’s a gas or diesel engine, but generally, they should be carried out every 40,000 miles or so.
- Spark plug changes – Each Volkswagen model has different spark plug replacement requirements and following them is critical if you want to avoid costly engine damage. Volkswagen spark plugs typically last around the 30,000-mile mark, but for a better idea of when yours need replacing, check your owner’s manual for manufacturer recommendations.
- Tire rotations – Tire rotations are an important part of any vehicle service, not just a Volkswagen service. Rotating them at consistent intervals helps the tire’s treads wear down evenly, which helps maintain proper traction, handling and safety.
How often does my Volkswagen need servicing?
Most garages recommend a full Volkswagen service every 36 months or 37,500 miles, and interim services every 12 months in between to check that everything is still in full working order.
Even if everything seems fine, it’s still recommended that you take your Volkswagen for a service annually, as there could be some problems lurking under the bonnet that need professional intervention.
If you notice any of the following symptoms, your Volkswagen is likely well overdue a service:
- Illuminated check engine light
- Unusual noises – such as clicking, ticking, hissing and squeaking
- Stalling, despite being in the right gear
- Difficulties getting your Volkswagen up to speed
- Unusual break activity – such as having to press harder to slow down and stop
Does it matter which garage I get my Volkswagen serviced at?
Not at all!
As one of the most popular cars on UK roads, any well-established garage will have undertaken many Volkswagen services in their time – so there’s no reason why your car needs to go to the dealer for its service.
Take CJ Auto, for example.
Our highly trained, fully experienced Volkswagen specialists can undertake all manner of repairs and are able to perform both full and interim Volkswagen services in Warrington to keep your car in tip-top condition.
Book your service with our Volkswagen specialists!
If your next service date is approaching, or a mechanical issue has caught you off guard and you need your Volkswagen repaired as soon as possible, we’re the people to call.
With over 35 years of combined experience in the trade, our Volkswagen specialists in Warrington are the ideal team to help get your car back on the road.
To book an appointment with us, or to find out more about what a VW service entails, give us a call today on 01925 589 066 or reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly experts will be in touch with you soon!